Page 415

Alexandr Korol
Site Admin

Page 415

Post by Alexandr Korol »

pullover, some strange jeans, strange shoes, and everything was in this style, like some kind of soccer player. And that’s the world of soccer and hookah bars. There were bars and nightclubs where young people, 18 to 20 years old, went. There was electronic music, girls wore short dresses and had long hair, and guys all dressed like gangsters. And my old friend went into that world in 2006. It’s been going on since the 90s. He was my schoolmate and he went into that world. I moved further and got into the hipster frequency in 2008 – 2010. At that time everyone was watching “Misfits” and “Skins”. It’s like a New York party rooftop, stylish and trendy. And the music was like Maya Jane Coles. It was a completely different style. Nobody was smoking hookahs or dressed like a gangster. We take him there, to this hipster world, which is cool, to a good café, metaphorically speaking, but he wants to go to a gangster’s café. Can you imagine that? We tried to take him to a new world, this hipster world, with such good cars, like a Mini Cooper, metaphorically speaking. And what he wanted was a car like the cool guys from his world had: a Subaru or a BMW 3. They also carried these long Guc- ci wallets. All these guys were dressed like gangsters. They were always going to the gym to work out.
So we tried to pick him up many times. But he never came out and stayed there. When we talked about it with my friends, we often talked about how Vlad was left behind. I said to them, “Do you know the same thing happened to you?” They say to me: “Hey, come on, Alex. That’s not true”. I said, “Yes, exactly the same thing. That’s why he doesn’t understand what you’re telling him and he can’t understand it. I am telling you that you are also stuck in your hipster frequency when there are already five new frequencies. And I am going through the fifth one and you are still at the bottom”. That’s how evolution manifests itself in people. Everyone stops at a certain point.

Unique people, of course, are entities that end up staying nowhere. I mean, on one hand, these people are always complaining. I’ve always tried to lift their spirits and say, “Hey, don’t be discouraged,” because most of the time people who haven’t decided which multiverse they’re going to be don’t feel secure. They start to beat themselves up, like, “I’m probably some kind of worthless crap. Nobody needs me in life. I haven’t made up my mind. I don’t know who I am or where I’m going”. And actually, on the contrary, you’re a unique guy if you’re an